Today we have the pleasure to interview the amazing Candace Osmond.
- Hello Candace, how are you today? Is so good to have you here.
I’m great, thanks! So glad to be here.
2.Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m an International Bestselling Author of Fantasy Romance. I have 12 books available with tons more in the works. I’m also an Award-Winning Screenwriter. Film is my second love!
3.What’s the first book that made you cry?
Charlotte’s Web =(
4. Does writing energize you or exhaust you?
Depends what I’m writing. During the day, I do freelance writing for various websites and that kind of stuff can drain me. But when I’m writing my books, I’m pumped!
5. Does a big ego help or hurt a writer?
That’s a hard question to answer. I think a big ego is a great tool when used humbly. It gives you the courage to take risks and make big decisions.
6. What’s your writing kryptonite?
Flawed, but strong, women, and super broody men.
7. Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym?
I have, and I do. My main genre is Fantasy Romance and I don’t often do “on-page ex scenes”. But I do enjoy writing in the adult niche, so when I do, I write as ‘Candace Osmond writing as Natalia Cross’. So, readers know when they see that on covers, it’s me, but it has explicit scenes.
8. What other writers are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?
JJ King is my author bestie. We do everything together; writing, promo, brainstorming, and touring. We do a number of different events together each year. She’s the opposite kind of wrier as me, so she absolutely makes me a better author.
9. If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
Stop comparing yourself to other authors. Be yourself.
10. How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?
My first book took me nearly five years to write. And I did zero plotting. After that, I quickly learned how detailed plotting makes me a better writer.
11. What advice you have for aspiring writers?
Don’t compare yourself to other writers LOL
12. How many unpublish and half-finished books do you have?
*Laughs hysterically* too many. Like, off the top of my head, probably a dozen or so SERIES.
13. What’s the best way to market your books?
That answer is different for every author, but for me it’s connecting with my readers. I find that’s the best way to reach them, to grow, and build your reader base.
14. What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
They’re all like my husband in some way lol He may hate me for that one day.
15. How do you select the names of your characters?
I’m a weirdo and read the credits on movies and TV shows. I have a growing list saved in my phone of awesome names for my characters.
16. Where do you get the ideas for your book?
From here and there. Usually from brainstorm sessions with JJ King or my husband who’s also a writer. I often take regular every day things and imagine them as a Fantasy element and go from there.
17. As you know I am a huge fan of your books. First series I ever read was The Wayward Witches which started my love for your books. Then I read The Dark Tides series and it became one of my absolute favorite series of all time. I just finish reading Reigning Magicks please tell me what else can we expect on this series? How many other books are we to expect?
Oh, my gosh! Thank you =) Dark Tides is my favorite series to date. I put everything into those books and I’m so lad readers are loving them. With Reigning Magicks, it’s the first in a trilogy called A Witch in Time and is co-written with JJ King. You can Expect two more books and some heavier Gypsy/traveler elements as the series progresses.
18. Anything else you’re working on?
I’m currently co-writing a secret series with a very popular author who I’ve admired for a very long time. I’m honored to be writing this 5 book series with her and can’t wait to announce it! SO be sure to follow me on Facebook! Aside from that, I’m also re—releasing Special Editions of my very first series, The Ironworld Trilogy. And I’m picking away at my next brand-new Time Travel Fantasy Romance series called Kingdom of Sand & Stars. It’s set in ancient Egypt and is like a mix of Outlander, Stargate, and The Mummy.
19. It was so nice having you in our blog. I hope you enjoy your time with us. If there is anything else, you want to share with us please feel free to do so.
Thanks for having me!
Bio: Canace Osmond is a #1 International Bestselling Author and Award-Winning Screenwriter. She resides on the Rocky East Coast of Canada with her husband, two kids, and slobbery bulldog where she spends her time writing, reading, and relaxing.